Thursday, February 25, 2016

Cleaning Makeup Brushes: Rinse Free Formula Cleaner



Cleaning your makeup brushes is important and should be done routinely. Clean makeup brushes are a key to flawless makeup application, and help prevent pesky face breakouts. I find this even more true with face brushes over eye shadow brushes, although both are equally important. When my face brushes are not caked with makeup the foundation application process is more effortless, and my foundation definitely has a better finish. I have used the method of antibacterial Dawn dish soap and olive oil before, but recently switched to using a rinse free solution that makes the process of cleaning the brushes much less daunting.  Here is the exact cleaner I used, if you want to try it out. I absolutely love that it has a nice vanilla scent and is quick drying, rinse free, cleansing and conditioning in one step, and much quicker than swirling the brushes in a soap/oil mixture and rinsing under the faucet. It comes in three different sizes: 4 oz, 8 oz, and 32 oz. I purchased the 4 oz at first just to test it out before splurging on the bigger one. Now that I know I like the product I will be repurchasing it in the larger size.

What you need for this process is:

Instructions:

1. Get about 4 layers of paper towels to work the brushes on and place them on your flat work surface
2. Pour cleaning solution into the small bowl 
Bowl, cleaner, & paper towels laid out
3. Place one paper towel aside to put the clean brushes on to dry (I like to do this even though it is quick drying. I prefer to let them sit over night.)

4. I like to start with my eye brushes first. Dip the brush bristles into the bowl of cleaner and then rub the brush onto the paper towel until there is nothing coming off of the brush. I like to rub in circles gently, careful not to harm the bristles. Sometimes it takes two dips in the cleaner to get it all the way clean. 
5. Place the clean brush on the paper towel you set aside. 
6. Repeat the steps 4 and 5 until you are finished with all of the eye brushes
Rub brush on paper towel
7. When I start my face brushes I like to dump out the cleaner and pour new into the bowl. I do this to ensure that the brushes are getting a good deep clean. 
8. The bigger brushes will soak up more of the cleaner, so be prepared to use more of it than with the small eye brushes. 
9. Repeat the same steps as with the eye brushes until they are clean.
10. Let them sit on the paper towel over night. The main reason I do this is because I like to air out the strong vanilla scent in this specific cleaner.


That is how much is left after cleaning all my brushes 
Here are all of the brushes laid out on the paper towel to dry. 
I have found this much more convenient that other brush cleaning methods and encourage you to try it out if you have a lot of brushes and wear makeup often! 

No comments:

Post a Comment